bc_rainbow    bc_survey_simple

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Blogs Rating

Blogs Rating” is a blog directory and rating system. I enjoyed the graphic design and was impressed by extremely quick loading times. When you enter the top rated blogs pop right up along with the menu system. In every category large thumbnails and ratings are shown of the blogs. To visit more rated blogs you navigate with a page number system at the bottom of each page. You have an option to register for free and get involved with the voting and comments system. There only ads I found were google adsense at the top and side of each page. I give 8.5 stars. I think they are doing a good job with this directory and rating system. I don’t know how long this one has been around and found it over at the Dmoz.org directory. The activity seems a bit slow, so it may be older and inactive or new. However, if it is listed in Dmoz my guess it's been around for a while. There still some great blogs listed either way. I’ve signed up to take a peek of the inside workings but haven’t completed the registration process. There were a few blogs already listed there that I've been considering spotlighting over here and a few that I have.

8.5 stars

---------------------------------------------
Added edit 2-17-2005
This blog directory no longer appears to be maintained. However, a lot of the rated blogs are still very much active and good blogs. A few of the rated blogs have moved on to other things.


blogged by Anonymous @ 2/16/2005

3 Comments:

At 16 February, 2005, Blogger jessica said...

quick question: do you ever give anything a low rating?

 
At 16 February, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jessica,

I think my lowest rating so far has been 4.5 stars. I guess I figure I have plenty of good blogs to look at and spotlight.

A fair and good question though that you posted. It's making me think about what I'm doing.

I have figured, up to this point, why take the time to write about blogs that I don't find interesting or point them out to others.

I guess I enjoy pointing out what I find as good blogs and resources out here and haven't as of yet decided I should be writing and pointing out what I think is not so good.

Would I enjoy a site or blog that is pointing out abandoned blogs, attempts at blogs and blogs that are just trashed for some reason or other. I don't think I would but then there are blogs and sites that do that and people enjoy them too.

I guess this is the style, approach or personality this blog is leaning to right now. I'm trying to find the blogs and resources that stand out and are useful, IMHO of course.

Thanks again and a good question. I hope I answered some of what you were asking here.

BlogCruiser

 
At 18 February, 2005, Blogger jessica said...

it was just a question. but yes, a fair question. i know i would not visit abandoned and uninteresting blogs. keep the good stuff coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home