bc_rainbow    bc_survey_simple

Monday, June 13, 2005

International Weblogger’s Day

Bloggers, blogging and blogs what is all the fuss about? What is this world coming to? Don’t people have anything better to do with their time? Now even an International Blogger’s Day! Enough of my snarkasm attempt and time to move on with what I'm really attempting to communicate.

International Weblogger’s Day is an attractive notion to celebrate an extraordinarily significant historical change that so many individuals have greatly contributed to. I think it is a wonderful idea. It may be changed to call it bloggers, blogs or even blogging day; semantics to be worked out by others, at another time. In all, I think bloggers utilizing these tools of today have had a significant impact as to what may become the new mainstream “communications”, “media”, “politics” and “businesses” of tomorrow.

Bloggers are everywhere and everyone. Blogs are such a fantastic mediam handed over to each individual able to access the internet. The bloggers and the creators of this technology and social network are a long list of brilliant contributors like scientists, engineers, developers, teachers, journalists, marketers and I would need to go through a list of every trade and title in the world to list them all.

The power of communication written, spoken, still images, video, animation and the many other gizmos we come up with can be harnessed with blogging. It’s a tool of mass communication handed over to the people and for the people to create almost anything an individual or group may desire, want or need!

More and more people are becoming aware of this contribution that has been bestowed upon society. The printing press, radio, telephone and television all had extreme impact on society and the world. Now, anyone with access to the internet can publish and communicate. Really at times, I think the imagination is the only limitation.

The magnitude of all the latest and greatest technology is yet to be felt and barely in its infancy, in my opinion. Almost anyone can now have a free printing press of their own by creating a blog. Many would agree the printing press did have a huge impact on the world and society. Well tools like blogs turned over to anyone should have an influence that stifles the printing press effects. You not only have the printing press but every older communication tool and new ones to boot all wrapped up in an easy to use format for any individual.

When in history could anyone almost talk to anyone at any time throughout the world? When could anyone so easily publish their own thoughts for the world to see? When could anyone sell any product or service to anyone in the world with little to no assistance or approval from anyone else? Enough of the questions, I think this point is some what made. A plethora of knowledge and information has become virtually free to the world population. The scientific, societal, commerce and cultural growth will most likely go far beyond any expectations that I currently understand or imagine.


I figure my time at the many blogs is time well spent reading, writing, creating, programming, learning, feeling, hoping, laughing, entertaining, teaching, changing things, helping others, organizing and so many more things that I can do at a blog.

I guess there really is a reason for a fuss! I feel I haven’t given the enormous amount of excellent and deserving bloggers out in the blogdom the THANKS and PRAISE they truly deserve.

Happy International Weblogger’s Day to all of you out there! When you are commenting, reading or writing let it be a wonderful June 14th, 2005.

Here is a read with some blog history about Weblogs at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (). This is one of the most detailed explanations and history of bloggers, blogging and blogs I have found. All the facts may not be perfect in Wiki but then the truth of the matter is the facts are never a 100 percent in any media and there will always be disputes in every format. Do you really read anything and think that all the information is true?

Well I hope I was not to Blogorrhoea and wish I did more justice to the event but this is what I’m going with. Now back to what I do most of the time around here.

--------------------------------------------------------

There is my tiny contribution to this event and I hope it helps at least a small bit. A couple hours early in my time zone but it should be the 14th now in a few places of the world. Or is that yesterday somewhere else:)

--------------------------------------------------------

blogged by Anonymous @ 6/13/2005

2 Comments:

At 14 June, 2005, Blogger Michele said...

Happy Webloggers' Day!

 
At 14 June, 2005, Blogger Cylithria Dubois said...

Happy Weblogger's Day Russ. Excellent post. I giggled when I noted your's was early ....I got mine up late hee hee hee :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home