bc_rainbow    bc_survey_simple

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Splogs

I must admit since the flag button has been put in place I've seen much better content filled blogs with the "next" button. I find it interesting that the implementation of the flag button came before the onslaught of complaints and barrage of splog spam that heated up the blogosphere about the blogger system.

So what is the fix for a problem such as this with out impeding on others free usage to publish? Where does the line get drawn and how is it fairly distributed?

blogged by Anonymous @ 10/29/2005

2 Comments:

At 29 October, 2005, Blogger Blog Bloke said...

Since I posted about being wrongfully identified as a splog, Blogger has now implemented an appeal system to remove it.

So now when I make a post a notification window pops-up with a link to web form requesting its removal (i.e. the word verification for posting).

At least that's a start in the right direction, but after several days of waiting... I'm still waiting for the powers that be to fix it.

 
At 30 October, 2005, Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said...

I'm glad I decided to leave a comment. Or I wouldn't have seen the one left before me.

Anyway, I had hardly paid attention to splogs until the blog media started talking about them. Then one showed up on my links list putting me next to a link for an adult site, which kept me out of a directory . . . the flag button became my friend that day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home