bc_rainbow    bc_survey_simple

Monday, May 02, 2005

Highlighted Sidebar Box Excerpts

Loose Leaf: Notes from a Writer's Journal is displayed in the top of my sidebar for this entire week. Last week this blogger won that space for participating in one of the carnival games I ran. Thank you very much for participating!

I’m thinking of keeping this space open for other bloggers excerpts in the future now too. I’m not going to define exactly what will give you that space for the week. However, I’m thinking of giving that space to a choice I make from bloggers that leave comments at this blog. Obviously, if you leave a comment and I send you an email that you can have this space for the week, you don’t have to accept it. If you don’t want the space then I will move on to another bloggers comments and see if they do. It may be for the most comments. It maybe for what I think was the best comment, review or information added. It might be because I like their blog. Or, it may just be a random choice.

Well tell me what you think of the idea? Good, bad, ugly or indifferent, I would like to hear some thoughts on the idea.

I think it will give me a chance to highlight a few more good blogs in other ways here. By leaving my qualifications so loose gives me a bit more control over some one trying to game it rather then adding quality comments or content. I also retain the complete right to add or not add any links or excerpts that I choose to this box.

blogged by Anonymous @ 5/02/2005

1 Comments:

At 05 May, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Russ! The sidebar excerpt looks great and your idea to keep it is too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home