bc_rainbow    bc_survey_simple

Monday, January 03, 2005

BlogShares

BlogShares” is a fantasy stock market game where blogs are the companies. It can be a fun and addictive game that you can join for free and have up to 20 transactions a day, which is ample to play the game. However, you can become a premium member for $15.00 a year and have unlimited transactions. There is a lot to this game from buying stocks, trading, ideas, artifacts, bonds, takeovers and even a busy public forum. They claim to have the worlds largest blog catalog and if your not interested in the game you may want to run over to the newly launched QuackTrack and see if your blog is already listed or not. Submit your site via the blogshares pages if it isn’t already there. You can buy ads at the site if you’re playing the game that will be displayed at blogshares and other blogs/sites with what are called chips. There are many other things you can do with the chips too. You can add these ads to your own blog/site with a small javascript. I’m giving this ad system a try and it is located below the “who links here” in my right gutter or column of BlogCruiser. I figure a lot of the ads from here will have blogs or blogging information and will be additional related content for visitors. I give the site 9.5 stars. The game may not be for everyone but the blog index may still be a very useful tool for others that are not interested in the game side of this site.

9.5 stars


blogged by Anonymous @ 1/03/2005

4 Comments:

At 03 January, 2005, Blogger Gurustu said...

Last year I was getting these referrers from there and found that I was being traded fairly regularly. I didn't quite get the concept then... but I like it now (even though I'm far less traded for some reason).

Thanks for this site. I blogmarked it for future reference.

 
At 03 January, 2005, Blogger Island Dave said...

Hey Russ! Cool write-up on BlogShares. Its an addicting game, to say the least, so much so that many of us regular players have gotten heavily involved on the adminstrative side of the game. Hope to see you around in game play and forums, and if you IRC, pop into #blogshares at intrepid.wyldryde.net 6667 and say hi! Cheers.

 
At 04 January, 2005, Blogger Patrick said...

I noticed that you had bought some shares of my blog. I haven't really gotten into this yet as I only got my blog listed on BlogShares last week. Could you possibly write a follow-up for this post and explain the concept a little more completely for us who don't really know a whole lot about it.

By the way, my blog is http://bcsblogger.blogspot.com/. I am fairly impressed that anyone was interested enough to purchase shares in my blog. Do you mind letting me in on why you did it?

 
At 07 January, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick,

I just wanted to let you know I didn't miss your request for writing a follow-up on this one. I will try and do this very soon! Thanks for asking too.

BlogCruiser

 

Post a Comment

<< Home